Global Isomaltooligosaccharide IMO Market Research Report 2022 (Status and Outlook)
Isomaltooligosaccharide (IMO), more commonly known as isomalto-oligosaccharide, is a mixture of short-chain carbohydrates which may have a digestion-resistant property. IMO is found naturally in some foods, as well as being manufactured commercially. Although isomaltose is found in some foods, such as honey, as a disaccharide, it behaves like all other disaccharides and is easily digested. Because of a confusion over nomenclature, such disaccharides have frequently been described as IMO, however to truly be called an "oligosaccharide" the molecules must have a degree of polymerization (DP) of three or more. Historically, the best documented source of IMO was found in sourdough breads wherein proper oligosaccharides are produced. IMO is currently produced by two distinctly different methods. One is based on a conversion of starch using enzymes. The raw material used for manufacturing IMO is starch, which is enzymatically converted into a mixture of isomaltooligosaccharides. However, IMOs produced via this method result in a very high proportion of isomaltose disaccharides (approximately 50%) and a majority of panose (IMO DP3) as the end product. These IMO preparations have been shown to be highly digestible and generally do not exhibit much if any, digestion resistance. The second method uses bacterial fermentation and bio-conversion of sugar and starch to create an IMO variant maltosyl-isomaltooligosaccharide (MIMO). Typically the end product ranges in molecular complexity from DP3 (Below10%) to DP9 with an average molecular weight near DP5. MIMO preparations exhibit very good digestion resistance and also intestinal microbiota selectivity.
The oligomeric isomalt industry is relatively concentrated and technology-intensive.At present, the world oligomeric isomalt industry has several production companies.The major market producers are baolingbao biotechnology, baolongchuangyuan biotechnology, Nippon foodandchemical, showa and Bioneutra.Manufacturers are concentrated in China and Japan.Global sales of isomaltose oligomerization will increase from 60,000 tons in 2014 to 70,000 tons in 2019, with an average growth rate of 4%.The annual output is expected to reach 90,000 tons in 2025, with a compound annual growth rate of 4% in the consumer market. Due to the large demand for downstream applications, the United States, China and Europe are the major consumer regions.In 2018, the three regions accounted for 70 percent of global consumption.The main raw material of isomaltose is corn starch.The fluctuation of upstream product price will affect the production cost of isomaltose.The production cost of isomaltose is also an important factor affecting the price of isomaltose.Isomaltose oligomerization can be used in health products, food and beverage, veterinary medicine, feed additives, health products and food and beverage and other fields.We believe that isomalt oligomalt industry is on the rise and global consumption will show a stable growth curve.With the development of economy and the change of international competition, the price of isomaltose fluctuates.In addition, there are fluctuations in gross margins.
The Global Isomaltooligosaccharide IMO Market Size was estimated at USD 104.72 million in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 134.79 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.67% during the forecast period.
This report provides a deep insight into the global Isomaltooligosaccharide IMO market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from a macro overview of the market to micro details of the market size, competitive landscape, development trend, niche market, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc.
The analysis helps the reader to shape the competition within the industries and strategies for the competitive environment to enhance the potential profit. Furthermore, it provides a simple framework for evaluating and accessing the position of the business organization. The report structure also focuses on the competitive landscape of the Global Isomaltooligosaccharide IMO Market, this report introduces in detail the market share, market performance, product situation, operation situation, etc. of the main players, which helps the readers in the industry to identify the main competitors and deeply understand the competition pattern of the market.
In a word, this report is a must-read for industry players, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the Isomaltooligosaccharide IMO market in any manner.
Global Isomaltooligosaccharide IMO Market: Market Segmentation Analysis
The research report includes specific segments by region (country), manufacturers, Type, and Application. Market segmentation creates subsets of a market based on product type, end-user or application, Geographic, and other factors. By understanding the market segments, the decision-maker can leverage this targeting in the product, sales, and marketing strategies. Market segments can power your product development cycles by informing how you create product offerings for different segments.
- Baolingbao Biology Co.,Ltd.
- Shandong Bailong Chuangyuan Bio-Tech Co.,LTD
- Nihon Shokuhin Kako Co., Ltd.
- SHOWA Corporation
- Jiangxi EandC Sugar Alcohol Co.,Ltd.
- Tianmei Biological Technology
Market Segmentation (by Type)
- Isomalt Trisaccharide
Market Segmentation (by Application)
- Health Care Products
- Food and Beverage
- Veterinary Medicine and Feed Additive
- North America (USA, Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, UK, France, Russia, Italy, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Nigeria, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Key Benefits of This Market Research:
- Industry drivers, restraints, and opportunities covered in the study
- Neutral perspective on the market performance
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape & strategies of key players
- Potential & niche segments and regions exhibiting promising growth covered
- Historical, current, and projected market size, in terms of value
- In-depth analysis of the Isomaltooligosaccharide IMO Market
- Overview of the regional outlook of the Isomaltooligosaccharide IMO Market:
Key Reasons to Buy this Report:
- Access to date statistics compiled by our researchers. These provide you with historical and forecast data, which is analyzed to tell you why your market is set to change
- This enables you to anticipate market changes to remain ahead of your competitors
- You will be able to copy data from the Excel spreadsheet straight into your marketing plans, business presentations, or other strategic documents
- The concise analysis, clear graph, and table format will enable you to pinpoint the information you require quickly
- Provision of market value (USD Billion) data for each segment and sub-segment
- Indicates the region and segment that is expected to witness the fastest growth as well as to dominate the market
- Analysis by geography highlighting the consumption of the product/service in the region as well as indicating the factors that are affecting the market within each region
- Competitive landscape which incorporates the market ranking of the major players, along with new service/product launches, partnerships, business expansions, and acquisitions in the past five years of companies profiled
- Extensive company profiles comprising of company overview, company insights, product benchmarking, and SWOT analysis for the major market players
- The current as well as the future market outlook of the industry concerning recent developments which involve growth opportunities and drivers as well as challenges and restraints of both emerging as well as developed regions
- Includes in-depth analysis of the market from various perspectives through Porter’s five forces analysis
- Provides insight into the market through Value Chain
- Market dynamics scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- 6-month post-sales analyst support
Customization of the Report
In case of any queries or customization requirements, please connect with our sales team, who will ensure that your requirements are met.
Note: this report may need to undergo a final check or review and this could take about 48 hours.
Chapter 1 mainly introduces the statistical scope of the report, market division standards, and market research methods.
Chapter 2 is an executive summary of different market segments (by region, product type, application, etc), including the market size of each market segment, future development potential, and so on. It offers a high-level view of the current state of the Isomaltooligosaccharide IMO Market and its likely evolution in the short to mid-term, and long term.
Chapter 3 makes a detailed analysis of the Market's Competitive Landscape of the market and provides the market share, capacity, output, price, latest development plan, merger, and acquisition information of the main manufacturers in the market.
Chapter 4 is the analysis of the whole market industrial chain, including the upstream and downstream of the industry, as well as Porter's five forces analysis.
Chapter 5 introduces the latest developments of the market, the driving factors and restrictive factors of the market, the challenges and risks faced by manufacturers in the industry, and the analysis of relevant policies in the industry.
Chapter 6 provides the analysis of various market segments according to product types, covering the market size and development potential of each market segment, to help readers find the Isomaltooligosaccharide IMO market in different market segments.
Chapter 7 provides the analysis of various market segments according to application, covering the market size and development potential of each market segment, to help readers find the Isomaltooligosaccharide IMO market in different downstream markets.
Chapter 8 provides a quantitative analysis of the market size and development potential of each region and its main countries and introduces the market development, future development prospects, market space, and capacity of each country in the world.
Chapter 9 introduces the basic situation of the main companies in the market in detail, including product sales revenue, sales volume, price, gross profit margin, market share, product introduction, recent development, etc.
Chapter 10 provides a quantitative analysis of the market size and development potential of each region in the next five years.
Chapter 11 provides a quantitative analysis of the market size and development potential of each market segment (product type and application) in the next five years.
Chapter 12 is the main points and conclusions of the report.
Global Isomaltooligosaccharide IMO Market Research Report